Landrum & Brown has an opening for an Airport Ground Transportation Consultant with 8-10 years of relevant airport experience and simulation modeling experience that could be located in the following cities…
- Chicago, Illinois
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Denver, Colorado
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Los Angeles, California
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- New York, New York
Senior Ground Transportation Planner at L&B will work on technically challenging operational and planning issues at airports around the world. Typical projects involve mitigating adverse traffic impacts on the curbsides and on-airport roadway systems, planning of facilities such as Ground Transportation Centers (GTC) and Consolidated Rental Car facilities (CONRAC), parking, multimodal linkage to the airport, and operational planning for commercial vehicles. In addition to technical projects, work involves advisory related to operating policies, non-aeronautical revenue development, opportunities and impacts of technology.
- Independent, self-starter with aviation landside experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, work well within a group and present externally in front of clients
- Responsible for managing complex landside projects
- Would develop scopes of work, budgets, methodologies and assist with marketing efforts
- Serve as subject matter expert in the area of demand modeling (multimodal), specifically as it applies to parking, curbside, CONRACs and other landside facilities.
- Independently organize, plan and execute, field surveys and data collection efforts
- Perform data analysis, spreadsheet modeling, assist in simulation modeling of transportation systems, conceptual planning, and various ad hoc technical studies.
- Create exhibits, draft reports, and other project documentation, ability to write is required.
- Preferred, Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Transportation
- Planning, or other analytical streams.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- High proficiency in spreadsheet modeling
- Excellent statistical skills with extensive experience in demand modeling, including major statistical software packages (i.e. R, Python).
- Experience with traffic/transportation simulation and planning software (VISSIM, Synchro)
- Experience with CADD software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, AutoTURN)
- A good understanding of MUTCD, AASHTO “Green book”, ITE trip generation
For further information and to apply for this position click here