The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, has a high performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovations...we work fast, value each other, and have fun along the way.
We have an opportunity for two Lead Airport Traffic Officers in the Ground Transportation Department. The successful individual schedules, supervises and evaluates team members engaged in the enforcement of airport traffic and parking regulations.
The selected candidate will have responsibilities for the following:
- 1. Completes and supervises movement of pedestrian movement and vehicles traffic around airport roadways and facilities; ensures the enforcement of airport parking, for-hire and commercial vehicle operation policies and regulations; interprets and communicates policies, procedures and regulations; investigates and resolves traffic and parking enforcement operation complaints;
- 2. Completes and supervises for-hire and commercial vehicles safety inspections; prepares and approves activities and incident reports; coordinates work activities with law enforcement agencies, internal and external stakeholders; responds to emergency situations;
- 3. Participates in the development and implementation of work schedule, operational budget, work standard, processes, procedures, research, analysis, plans, specifications, selection and approval purchases equipment; monitors expenditures and controls costs;
- 4. Supervises, establishes and evaluates performance and development targets; coaches and provides feedback; implements and promotes safety initiatives; ensures the application of safety practices and standards to work activities; provides on-the-job training and development assistance to assigned employees and others;
- 5. Participates in meetings; develops and maintains records, logs and reports, timecards, reports, operates vehicles to travel to work facilities; performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- • Graduation from high school or G.E.D;
- • Three years of traffic control experience;
- • Or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- • Airport Ground Transportation/Supervisory experience preferred.
- • Excellent employee coaching and conflict management skills;
- • Effective interpersonal abilities to express information verbally and in written format clearly to team members and stakeholders;
- • Ability to critically review, solve complex problems and anticipate scenarios to address issues and solutions and respond accordingly;
- • Skills to develop and/or support the introduction of methods and approach to solutions;
- • Flexibility to champion change as an opportunity for learning and growth and help others to deal with uncertainty;
- • Skills to demonstrate learning objectives and support others to do the same;
- • Proven time management skills to satisfy commitment;
- • Team focus to involve and support team members and share recognition for work outcome;
- • Proficiency in using computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The starting reward is up to $60,432.
Apply at https://sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.